Monday 20 April 2020

Thomas Sunday

Sunday After Pascha 
Thomas Sunday



ORTHROS - УТРЕНЯ - MATINS


Priest: Blessed is our God always, now and ever, and to ages of ages.  Amen.
(The priest sings Christ is risen once, the choir sings it twice)

The priest reads the first six morning prayers during the recitation of Psalms 3, 62 and 37 in the altar, and the second six prayers during the recitation of Psalms 102, 87 and 142, in front of the Royal Doors.

Exápsalmos – Шестопсалмие
R: Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth to men of good will.  (x3)
O Lord, you will open my lips, and my mouth will proclaim your praise.   Ps 50 (x2)

Psalm 3
O Lord, why have those who trouble me increased? Many rise against me. 3 Many say about my soul: There is no salvation for him in his God. 4 But you, O Lord, are my helper, my glory and the one who raises my head. 5 I cried to the Lord with my voice, and he heard me from his holy mountain. 6 I laid down and slept; I woke up, for the Lord will help me. 7 I will not fear countless people, who ambush me on every side. 8 O Lord, rise! O my God, save me, for you have struck down all my powerless enemies; you have broken the teeth of sinners. 9 Salvation comes from the Lord, and your blessing is on your people.

And again
6 I laid down and slept; I woke up, for the Lord will help me.

Psalm 37
2 O Lord, do not rebuke me in your fury, or discipline me in your anger. 3 For your arrows are fixed in me, and you have pressed your hand on me. 4 There is no health in my flesh because of your anger, and no peace in my bones because of my sins. 5 For my lawless deeds have risen higher than my head, and pressed me down like a heavy burden. 6 My bruises have festered and mouldered, because of my foolishness. 7 I was distressed and always bent down; I went about with a sad face all through the day. 8 For my loins were filled with festering, and there is no health in my flesh. 9 I was distressed and deeply humbled; I have roared with the sighing of my heart. 10 O Lord, all my longing is before you, and my groaning is not hidden from you. 11My heart was troubled, my strength failed me, and even the light of my eyes is not with me. 12 My friends and neighbours came and stood opposite me; my relatives stood far away. 13 Those who searched for my soul used violence; those who sought evil for me spoke empty wordsand considered treachery all through the day. 14 I was like a deaf person and did not hear; I was like a mute who did not open his mouth. 15 I became like someone who cannot hear, and has no answers in his mouth. 16 O Lord, I have hoped in you; O Lord my God, you will listen to me. 17 For I said: Never let my enemies rejoice over me; when my feet slipped, they spoke boastfully against me. 18 For I am ready for scourges, and my grief is always before me. 19 For I will speak about my lawlessness, and be anxious about my sin. 20 My enemies live and are stronger than I; those who hate me unjustly have increased. 21 Those who repay me with evil for good slandered me, because I pursued goodness. 22 O Lord, do not forsake me; O my God do not stand far from me. O Lord of my salvation, attend to my help.

And again
22 O Lord, do not forsake me; O my God do not stand far from me. O Lord of my salvation, attend to my help.

Psalm 62
1b  O God my God, I rise early for you, my soul has thirsted for you. How often has my flesh longed for you in a trackless and waterless desert land. 3 Therefore I have appeared before you in the holy place, to see your power and glory. 4 For your mercy is better than life; my lips will praise you. 5 Therefore I will bless you throughout my life, and raise my hands at your name. 6 My soul will be filled as though with marrow and rich food; my mouth will praise you with joyful lips. 7 When I remembered you on my bed, I thought about you at dawn. 8 For you have become my help, and I will rejoice in the shelter of your wings. 9 My soul has clung to you; your right hand has upheld me. 10 They have sought my soul in vain, and will go into the depths of the earth. 11 They will be handed over to the power of the sword, and be portions for foxes. 12 But the king will rejoice in God, and everyone swearing by him will be praised, for the mouth preaching injustice has been closed.

And again
7b I thought about you at dawn, for you have become my help, and I will rejoice in the shelter of your wings. 9 My soul has clung to you; your right hand has upheld me.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, both now and for ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia. Glory to you, O God.  (x3)
Lord have mercy.  (x3)
Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, both now and for ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen

Psalm 87
2 O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried before you by day and night. 3 Let my prayer come before you, and bend your ear to my plea. 4 For my soul was filled with evil, and my life has approached Hades. 5 I have been counted with those who go down to a pit, and become like someone helpless, free among the dead, 6like the wounded sleeping in the grave, whom you have no longer remembered; they have been cut off from your hand. 7They laid me in the lowest pit, in dark places and in the shadow of death. 8Your fury has pressed me down, and you have brought all your waves against me. 9You have distanced my companions from me; they have made me a horror for themselves; I have been handed over and could not escape. 10My eyes have grown weak with poverty; O Lord, I have cried to you all through the day, and stretched out my hands towards you. 11Will you perform wonders for the dead, or will physicians raise them so that they can thank you? 12 Will anyone in the grave recount your mercy, or speak about your truth in destruction? 13Will your wonders be known in darkness, or your justice in a forgotten land? 14But I have cried to you, O Lord, and my prayer will come before you in the morning. 15O Lord, why do you reject my soul, and turn your face from me? 16I am destitute and in troubles from my youth; after being exalted, I was humbled and distressed. 17Your anger has swept over me, and your terrors have troubled me. 18They have surrounded me like water; all through the day they have completely encircled me. 19 You have distanced friend and neighbour from me, as also my acquaintances because of my misery.

And again
O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried before you by day and night.
3 Let my prayer come before you, and bend your ear to my plea.

Psalm 102
1b Bless the Lord, O my soul, and everything within me bless his holy name. 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his rewards. 3 He is merciful towards all your offences and heals all your diseases. 4 He frees your life from corruption; he crowns you with mercy and pity. 5 He satisfies your desire with good things; your youth is renewed like an eagle's. 6 The Lord brings about merciful deeds, and judgement for all who are wronged. 7 He has made his ways known to Moses; his wishes to the sons of Israel. 8 The Lord is compassionate and merciful, patient and full of pity. 9 He will not always be angry, nor will he be furious for ever. 10 He has not dealt with us for our offences, or repaid us for our sins. 11 For as high as the heaven is above the earth, so has the Lord strengthened his mercy on those who fear him. 12 As far as the east is from the west, so has he distanced our offences from us. 13 As a father has compassion on his sons, so has the Lord pitied those who fear him. 14 For he knows how we are made, and has remembered that we are dust. 15As for man, his days are like grass; he will bloom like a flower of the field. 16 For a wind passes over him and he will not exist; he will no longer know his place. 17 But the Lord's mercy is from age to age for those who fear him. 18 His justice is for the sons of sons, for those who keep his covenant, and remember to do his commandments. 19 The Lord has prepared his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. 20 Bless the Lord, all his angels, champions in strength who do his word, and listen to the sound of his speech. 21 Bless the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers who do his will. 22 Bless the Lord, all his works, in every place of his sovereignty; bless the Lord, O my soul.

And again
In every place of his sovereignty; bless the Lord, O my soul.

Psalm 142
1b O Lord, listen to my prayer, note my plea in your truth, and listen to me in your justice. 2 Do not enter not into judgement with your servant, for no one living will be justified in your sight. 3 For the enemy has pursued my soul; he has humbled my life to the ground, and placed me in darkness like those long dead. 4My spirit within me has become weary, and my heart within me is troubled. 5 I remembered days of old, mused on all your works, and thought about the works of your hands. 6 I stretched out my hands to you; my soul was like a waterless land for you. 7 O Lord, quickly listen to me, my spirit has fainted. 7b Do not turn your face from me, in case I become like those who go down to a pit. 8 Make me listen to your mercy in the morning, for I have hoped in you. 8c O Lord, teach me the way along which I should walk, for I have raised my soul to you. 9 O Lord, rescue me from my enemies, for I have fled to you for refuge. 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; your good Spirit will guide me on level ground. 11 O Lord, you will give me life for your name's sake, and bring my soul out of distress in your justice. 12 You will destroy my enemies in your mercy, and cut off all who trouble my soul, for I am your servant.

And again
1d O Lord, listen to me in your justice. Do not enter not into judgement with your servant, for no one living will be justified in your sight.
Glory: Both now:
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia.  Glory to you, O God.  (x3)
O our God and our hope, glory to you!

Eiriniká – Велика ектения (мирна)
Deacon: In peace, let us pray to the Lord, Lord, have mercy.
2 For the peace from above and for the salvation of our souls, let us pray to the Lord!
3 For the peace of the whole world, for the welfare of the Holy Churches of God and for the union of all, let us pray to the Lord!
4 For this holy house and for those who enter it with faith, reverence and the fear of God, let us pray to the Lord!
5 For all faithful and Orthodox Christians, let us pray to the Lord!
6 For our Archbishop N, for the honourable order of presbyters, for the diaconate in Christ, for all the clergy and people, let us pray to the Lord!
7 For our rulers and nations, and for every power and authority in them, let us pray to the Lord!
8 For this town [city/village/monastery], for every city, monastery, island and village and for the faithful who live in them, let us pray to the Lord!
9 For favourable weather, an abundance of the earth’s fruits and temperate seasons, let us pray to the Lord!
10 For those who travel by land, air or water, for the sick and suffering, for those in captivity and for their safety and salvation, let us pray to the Lord!
11 For our release from every affliction, fury, danger and anguish, let us pray to the Lord!
12 O God, help us, save us, have mercy on us and keep us by your grace!
13 As we commemorate our all-holy, pure, most blessed and glorious Lady Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary, together with all the saints, let us entrust ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ our God!  To you, O Lord.
Priest: For to you belong all glory, honour and worship, to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and for ever, and to the ages of ages.  Amen.

God is the Lord Ps 117 - Бог Господ
R: God is the Lord and has appeared to us. Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord. Ps 117 
S1: Thank the Lord, for he is good, for his mercy lasts for ever. 
S2: All the nations surrounded me, but I opposed them in the Lord’s name. 
S3: This is the Lord's doing and it is wonderful in our eyes. 

Apolytíkion - Тропар
Tone 7
O Life, You rose from the tomb, even though the tomb was secured with a seal, O Christ God. Then, although the doors were shut, You came to Your Disciples, O Resurrection of all. Through them You renew a right spirit in us, according to Your great mercy. (3)

Small Litany - Малка ектения
DeaconAgain and again, in peace, let us pray to the Lord.
(Lord, have mercy.)
Help us, save us, have mercy on us, and protect us, O God, by Your grace.
(Lord, have mercy.)
Commemorating our most holy, pure, blessed, and glorious Lady, the Theotokos and ever-virgin Mary, with all the saints, let us commend ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ our God.
(To You, O Lord.)
Priest: For Yours is the dominion, and Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, now and forever and to the ages of ages.

Kathisma I.
From Pentecostarion 
Tone 1. The stone had been secured.

For fear of the Jews, the Disciples were in hiding,* having congregated in Zion. You came to them, O Good One,* the doors being shut, and You stood * among them, and You caused them to rejoice.* And You showed them the wounds on Your hands* and immaculate side, saying* unto the disbelieving Disciple,* "Put out your hand and examine Me,* for it is I, who for you became passible."
Glory. Both now. Repeat.

Kathisma II.
From Pentecostarion 
Tone 1. The soldiers keeping watch.

The doors were shut and locked. You appeared to Your hiding * Disciples, as the Life, O my Christ, and You showed them * Your wounded side and hands and feet, * thus confirming Your resurrection* from the tomb. However Thomas was absent; * hence he said to them, "If I myself do not see Him, * I will not believe your words."
Glory. Both now. Repeat.

Kathisma III.
From Pentecostarion 
Tone 1. The soldiers keeping watch.

"Since You have seen my side and the punctures the nails made, * no longer disbelieve in My rising, O Thomas," * the Lord said when He appeared to His Disciples ineffably, * after He had risen from the tomb on the third day. * Then the Twin believed and cried aloud to the Creator, * "My Lord and my God are You."
Glory. Both now. Repeat.

Small Litany
For blessed is your name, and glorified is your kingdom, of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and forever and to the ages of ages.

Anaváthmi, The Hymns of Ascent, Ps 128 Tone 4 - От юности моея
1: Many passions have fought against me from my youth, but help me and save me, O my Saviour. X2 От юности моея мнози борют мя страсти, / но Сам мя заступи и спаси, Спасе мой.  
2: Those who hate Zion will be shamed by the Lord; they will be withered like grass by the fire. X2 Ненавидящии Сиона, посрамитеся от Господа, / яко трава бо огнем будете изсохше.  
Glory: Both now: 
3: Every soul lives through the Holy Spirit, is exalted in purity and illuminate by the Triune Unity in a sacred mystery. Слава Отцу и Сыну и Святому Духу, и ныне и присно и во веки веков. Аминь. / Святым Духом всяка душа живится, / и чистотою возвышается, /  светлеется Тройческим единством, священнотайне.

Prokeimenon. Tone 4. Psalm 147.
Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise your God, O Zion. (2)
Verse: For He strengthens the bars of your gates; He blesses your children within you.
Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise your God, O Zion.

Hypakoe. Tone 6.
As You came and stood among Your disciples, O Savior, and gave them peace, come and be with us also and save us.

Kontakion.
Tone 8.
With his scrutinising right hand, Thomas examined Your life-bestowing side, O Christ God. When You entered while the doors were shut, he cried out to You with the rest of the Apostles, "You are my Lord and my God."

Oikos.
Who kept the Disciple's hand from being burnt up, when it approached the fiery side of the Lord? Who gave it the daring, and it was able to touch the flaming bone? By all means, it was the very side that was touched. For had not the side empowered the right hand of clay, how could it have touched the wounds that shook the world above and below? This grace was given to Thomas, to be able to touch it and to cry out to Christ, "You are my Lord and my God."

Synaxarion.
From the Menaion.
On April 26 we commemorate the holy Hieromartyr Vasilevs, Bishop of Amasia.
On this day Saint Glaphyra died in peace.
On this day devout St. Justa died in peace.
On this day devout St. Nestor, who left his parents and became a monk, died in peace.

From the Pentecostarion.
On this day, the second Sunday of Pascha, we celebrate the dedication of Christ's Resurrection, and St. Thomas' handling of the Lord's body.
Verses
Locks of neither womb nor tomb impede You.
So how should door locks impede Your entry, O Savior?
By the intercessions of Thomas Your Apostle, O Christ our God, have mercy on us. Amen.

Katavasias of Pascha
Ode 1. Tone 1.
Resurrection Day! O peoples, let us brilliantly shine! * Pascha, the Lord's Pascha! * For Christ our God has out of death * passed us over into life, * and likewise from earth * to heaven, as we now sing * unto Him a triumphal hymn.

Ode 3.
Come and let us drink a new drink, * not one marvellously issuing from a barren rock, * but one that Christ from the tomb * pours out, incorruption's very source. * For we are established in Him.

Ode 4.
Now let Habakkuk as a God-inspired prophet stand with us, * keeping his divine watch, and show us * the angelic messenger, who, shining, utters glowingly, * "Today, for the world is salvation,* because arisen is Christ, being omnipotent."

Ode 5.
Arising at dawn very early, * instead of ointment, a hymn let us offer unto the Master, * and then we shall clearly see* Christ, the Sun of Righteousness, * causing true life to arise for all.

Ode 6.
You went down to the nether regions of earth, * and You broke apart the bars that forever * were closed on those who were held there, O Christ. * From the tomb, * as did Jonah from the whale, * You arose on the third day.

Ode 7.
The same One who delivered the Lads from fire, becoming a mortal man, * suffers in the flesh; and by His Passion He arrays * mortal nature with majesty, free of all * corruption, the only God of the fathers, * blessed and supremely glorious.

Ode 8.
We praise and we bless and we worship the Lord.
This is it, the Day which is chosen and holy, * Day One of the Sabbaths. * It is the queen-day, the Lord's Day, * and the Feast of all feasts, * and the Festival above every festival, * on which we extol Christ and bless Him to the ages.

Gospel Dialogue - Евангелски чин
P/D: Let us pray to the Lord. Lord have mercy
P: For you, O God, are holy and rest in the Holy Place. We send up glory to you, to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever and to the ages of ages. Amen. 
R: Let everything with breath praise the Lord. X3 
Praise God in his saints; praise him in his mighty firmament. Ps 50
P/D: And that we may be counted worthy to listen to the Holy Gospel, let us pray to the Lord our God. Lord have mercy X3
P/D: Wisdom. Stand up. Let us listen to the Holy Gospel.
P: Peace be with you all. And with your spirit
P: A reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew.
P/D: Let us attend
R: Glory to you, O Lord, glory to you. 
P: Let us attend

Eothinon Gospel 1.
Mt. 28:16-20
At that time, the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshipped him; but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age. Amen."

S: Glory to You, O Lord, glory to You.

Resurrection Ode
R: Now that we have seen the resurrection of Christ, let us worship the holy Lord Jesus, the only sinless one. O Christ, we venerate your cross, and praise and glorify your holy resurrection; for you are our God, and we know no one else apart from you. We address your name. All you faithful, come and venerate Christ's holy resurrection. For see, joy has come into all the world through the cross. Let us always bless the Lord and praise his resurrection. For he has destroyed death by death by enduring the cross for us.

Psalm 50
(singing)
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to your great mercy; and according to the multitude of your compassion, blot out my transgression. * Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. * For I acknowledge my iniquity, and my sin is ever before me. * Against you, you only, have I sinned, and done evil in your sight, that you may be found just when you speak, and victorious when you are judged. * For behold, I was conceived in iniquity, and in sin my mother bore me. * For behold, you have loved truth; you have made known to me the secret and hidden things of your wisdom. * You shall sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; you shall wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. * Make me to hear joy and gladness, that the afflicted bones may rejoice. * Turn your face away from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. * Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. * Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. * Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and establish me with your governing Spirit. * I shall teach transgressors your ways, and the ungodly shall turn back to you. * Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation, my tongue shall joyfully declare your righteousness. * Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise. * For if you had desired sacrifice, I would give it; you do not delight in burnt offerings . * A sacrifice to God is a broken spirit; God will not despise a broken and a humbled heart. * Do good in your good pleasure to Sion; and let the walls of Jerusalem be built. * Then you shall be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole burnt offerings. * Then they shall offer bulls on your altar.

Glory. Tone 2
At the intercession of the Apostles, O Lord of mercy, blot out my many offences.
Both now.
At the intercession of the Theotokos, O Lord of mercy, blot out my many offences.
Verse: Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your great mercy; and according to the abundance of Your compassion, blot out my transgression.
Jesus, having risen from the grave as He foretold, has granted us eternal life and great mercy.

Intercession 
Short form 
D: O God, save your people and bless your inheritance. Visit your world with mercy and compassion; exalt the horn of Orthodox Christians and send down on them your rich mercy, through the prayers of our all-pure Lady, Theotokos and Ever-virgin Mary, by the power of the honourable and life-giving cross, through the protection of the honourable bodiless powers of heaven, through the prayers of the honourable, glorious, prophet, Forerunner and Baptist John, of the holy, glorious, all-praised apostles, of the holy, all-praised and victorious martyrs, of our holy and God-bearing fathers, of the holy and just forebears of God, Joachim and Anna, of the holy Apostle Thomas, whose touching of the Lord we celebrate, and of all the saints. We ask you, only merciful Lord, “Listen to us sinners as we pray to you, and have mercy on us.” 

Lord have mercy. X12 

Priest: Through the mercy, compassion and love for the human race of your only-begotten Son, with whom you are blessed, together with the all-holy, good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever and to the ages of ages. Amen. 

Deacon: The Theotokos, the Mother of Light, in hymns let us now glorify.

Canon of the Feast. 
Ode 9. Tone 1. Heirmos.
Mother of our God, we see you: a brightly shining lamp, * your conspicuous glory. * You are the highest of everything created. * We sing your praise and magnify you. (2)

Troparia.
Glory to You, our God, glory to You.
This is now Your brightly shining and most splendid day, O Christ, * the grace that is full of light; * on this day You appeared to Your Disciples * very handsome, and we magnify it.

Glory to You, our God, glory to You.
This is now Your brightly shining and most splendid day, O Christ, * the grace that is full of light; * on this day You appeared to Your Disciples * very handsome, and we magnify it.

Glory to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
You allowed a hand of flesh to touch Your side, and scorched it not * with the fire immaterial of divine essence. * We sing Your praise and magnify You.

Both now and ever and to the ages of ages. Amen.
You arose from the grave as God, O Christ.* We have not seen You with our eyes, but have believed in You with longing of heart.* We sing Your praise and magnify You.

Ode 9. Katavasia. Tone 1. 
The Angel cried aloud to the Lady full of grace: Rejoice, O pure Virgin; and again I say Rejoice. Your Son has truly risen from the grave on the third day.
Be illumined, illumined, O New Jerusalem; * for the glory of the Lord has arisen over you. * Dance now for joy, O Zion, and exult. * And you be merry, O pure Theotokos, * at the arising of the One you bore.

Small Litany
For all the powers of heaven praise You and give You glory, to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and forever and to the ages of ages.

Holy is the Lord 
Holy is the Lord our God. X3
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his footstool, for He is holy. 

Exaposteilária For the Feast from Pentecostarion
Tone 3. Having embellished heaven.
When you examine fully * My body's wounds with your own hand, * Thomas, be not disbelieving * in Me who suffered wounds for you. * With the Disciple have one mind * and proclaim Me the living God. (2)
Another one.
Today it smells like springtime, * and new creation is dancing. * Today the locks are removed * from the doors and the disbelief * of Thomas the friend who cries out, * "You are my Lord and my God."

Praises - Хвалитни стихири
Tone 1 Let everything with breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights. To you, O God, is due a song. 
Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his powers. To you, O God, is due a song. 

Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to the abundance of His greatness.

O Giver-of-Life, You did not break * the seals that secured Your tomb. * And likewise after Your awesome rising from the tomb, * You unhindered entered * the room where Your glorious * Apostles were, the doors being shut, O Christ, and caused them to rejoice. * And You granted them Your governing* Holy Spirit,* for mercy immeasurable.

Praise Him with the sound of trumpet; praise Him with the harp and lyre.

O Giver-of-Life, You did not break * the seals that secured Your tomb. * And likewise after Your awesome rising from the tomb, * You unhindered entered * the room where Your glorious * Apostles were, the doors being shut, O Christ, and caused them to rejoice. * And You granted them Your governing* Holy Spirit,* for mercy immeasurable.

Praise Him with timbrel and dance; praise Him with strings and flute.

Thomas, who was also called the Twin, * was not there when You appeared * to the Disciples, O Lord, and therefore he did not believe * that You resurrected. * Thus emphatically he cried* aloud to those who saw You, "Unless I put my finger in His side * and the wounds created by the nails, * I will not believe that He indeed arose."

Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with triumphant cymbals; let everything that breathes praise the Lord.

"O Thomas, according to your wish, * handle Me," said Christ to him. * "Put out your hand, and be cognisant that I have flesh and bones, * and an earthen body. * Be not one who disbelieves. * But rather with the others be confident." And he in turn cried out, * "You, O Jesus, are my Lord and God, * and my Savior. * Glory to Your resurrection."

Glory. Both now. Tone 6.

Eight days after Your Resurrection, O King Jesus, only-begotten Logos of the Father, You came and stood among Your Disciples, the doors being shut, and You gave them Your peace. Then, to the disbelieving Disciple, You showed the marks of the nails, and You said to him, "Come, touch my hands, take a look at my feet, place your hand in my uncontaminated side." Then he believed it and cried out to You, "My Lord and my God, glory to You!"

Great Doxology 
Велико славословие
1 Glory to you who have shown us the light! Glory to God in the highest! Peace on earth and goodwill to men! 2 We praise you, we bless you, we worship you, we glorify you, we thank you for your great glory, 3 O Lord King, heavenly God, almighty Father, O Lord, only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, and you, O Holy Spirit! 4 O Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father, you take away the sin of the world; have mercy on us, for you take away the sin of the world. 5 Receive our prayer, for you sit on the right of the Father, and have mercy on us. 6 For only you are holy, only you are Lord, O Jesus Christ, to the glory of God the Father.  Amen. 7 I will bless you every day, and always praise your name for ever and ever. 8 O Lord, allow us this day to be guarded from sin. 9 Blessed are you, O Lord God of our fathers! Praised and glorified be your name for ever.  Amen. 10 O Lord, let your mercy be on us, for we have hoped in you. 16 Blessed are you, O Lord! Teach me your statutesX3 12 O Lord, you have been our refuge from generation to generation. I said: O Lord, have mercy on me; heal my soul, for I have sinned against you. 14 O Lord, I have fled to you; teach me to do your will, for you are my God. 15 For with you is the source of life, and in your light we will see light. 16 Stretch out your mercy to those who know you.

Triságion – Святий Боже
Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us.
Святы́й Бо́же, Святы́й Крепкий, Святы́й Безсмертный, помилуй нас!
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός, Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός, Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος, ἐλέησον ἡμᾶς.
Dinamis: Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us.

Apolytikion. Tone 7
O Life, You rose from the tomb, even though the tomb was secured with a seal, O Christ God. Then, although the doors were shut, You came to Your Disciples, O Resurrection of all. Through them You renew a right spirit in us, according to Your great mercy

HOLY LITURGY 

Priest: Blessed is the Kingdom… (the priest sings Christ is risen once, the choir sings it twice)

Great Litany

Antíphon 1 Ps 65 Tone 2 
S1: All the earth, shout with joy to the Lord.
R: By the prayers of the Theotokos, Saviour, save us. 

S2:  Make music to his name and give glory in his praise. 
S3:  Say to God, "How fearful are your works! 
S4:  Let all the earth worship you and make music to you. 
S5:  Glory: Both now:

Antíphon 2 Ps 66 Own Tone
S1: May God pity us and bless us; may he make his face shine on us and be merciful to us. 
R: Save us, O Son of God. You arose from the dead. We sing to you, “Alleluia!” 
S2:  May we know your way on earth, your salvation among all the nations.
S3:  O God, let the peoples thank you; let all the peoples thank you.
S4:  May God bless us and all the ends of the earth fear him.
S5:  Glory: Both now:
Monogenes  - Единородний Сине
Only Begotten Son and Immortal Word of God, Who for our salvation didst will to be incarnate of the holy Theotokos and ever virgin Mary, Who without change didst become man and wast crucified, O Christ our God, Trampling down death by death, Who art one of the Holy Trinity, Glorified with the Father and the Holy Spirit, save us.

Antíphon 3
S1: Let God rise and let his enemies be scattered; let those who hate him flee from his presence. Ps 67 

R: Christ is risen from the dead! Trampling down death by death, and to those in the tombs, bestowing life! X3 

S2: As smoke vanishes, so let them vanish, as wax melts before fire. 
S3: So let sinners perish at the presence of God; let the just be festive. 
S4: This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
S5:  Glory: Both now: 

Entrance Ps 67 
Bless God, in the assemblies, the Lord from the springs of Israel. 
Save us, O Son of God. You have risen from the dead. We sing to you, “Alleluia!” 

Apolytíkia
 Tone 7
O Life, You rose from the tomb, even though the tomb was secured with a seal, O Christ God. Then, although the doors were shut, You came to Your Disciples, O Resurrection of all. Through them You renew a right spirit in us, according to Your great mercy.

Of the Bulgarian parish Of St. John of Rila, Tone 1 (Покаяния основание)
Your life was a foundation of repentance and a model of compunction, an image of consolation and spiritual perfection, equal to the angels, O venerable one. You persevered in prayer, fasting and tears, O Father John; intercede with Christ God for our souls.

Of the Church, Ap. Andrew, Tone 4
As first of the Apostles to be called, O Andrew, brother of him (Peter) who was foremost, beseech the Master of all to grant the world peace and our souls great mercy.

Kontákion of Pascha, Tone 8 Аще и во гроб снизшел еси
Though You went down into the tomb, O Immortal One, yet You brought down the dominion of Hades; and You rose as the victor, O Christ our God; and You called out "Rejoice" to the Myrrh-bearing women, and gave peace to Your Apostles, O Lord who to the fallen grant resurrection.

Prokeimenon. Tone 3.
Great is our Lord, and great is His strength.
Verse: Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good.

Epistle - Apostolos
Acts 5:12-20
In those days, many signs and wonders were done among the people by the hands of the apostles. And they were all together in Solomon's Portico. None of the rest dared join them, but the people held them in high honour. And more than ever believers were added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women, so that they even carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and pallets, that as Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on some of them. The people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits, and they were all healed. But the high priest rose up and all who were with him, that is, the party of the Sadducees, and filled with jealousy they arrested the apostles and put them in the common prison. But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out and said, "Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this Life."

P: Peace be with you.

Alleluia. Tone 8. Psalm 94.
Verse 1: Come, let us greatly rejoice in the Lord.
Verse 2: For the Lord is a great God.


Deacon
Jn. 20:19-31
On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them: "Peace be with you." When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them: "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained." Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him: "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them: "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in His side, I will not believe." Eight days later, His disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them, and said: "Peace be with you." Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side; do not be faithless, but believing." Thomas answered Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to Him: "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

P: Peace be with you.
C: Glory to You, O Lord, glory to You.


Especially

 Tone 1
Let us praise the Theotokos in songs, for she is the bright candle, the most wonderful glory and is higher than all creation. 


Shine, shine, O new Jerusalem, for the glory of the Lord has dawned on you. O Sion, dance now and rejoice and you, O pure Theotokos, also rejoice at the resurrection of him whom you bore. 

Instead of "We have seen."
Christ is risen

After Dismissal
PRIEST: Christ is risen from the dead! Trampling down death by death, and to those in the tombs, bestowing life! 
PEOPLE: Truly the Lord is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment